To get ripped abs and a flat washboard stomach, you need to control your portion size, Men traditionally eat big portions which is not what you should be doing if you want those abs to die for.
So here are some of the things start addressing to obtain that washboard abs:-
1. Make sure your carbohydrates are at a moderate level and cut out white, refined or processed carbohydrates
2. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, and beans are great to be eating - Potatoes, pasta, rice and chips are not so good, so watch your intake of these types of foods.
3. The right proteins are important as well in getting that six-pack – Guys IF YOU WANT A SIX PACK THEN AVOID FRIED FAST FOODS. You need to consume lean proteins such as boneless and skinless chicken, white fish, Greek yoghurt and egg whites.
4. Avoid ready meal, as these have large amounts of hidden calories, sugars. These include breakfast bars, juices and cereals
5. Eat around 5 small meals a day in and if you want a snack in between then try a handful of almonds.
6. Make breakfast your biggest meal, it increases your metabolism and decreases your chances of overeating.
7. Start exercising for 30 minutes in the morning before you have eating and this should include cardio-vascular, running, jumping rope for example.
8 . You should have a full workout every day When you're working your arms,
Chest, back, shoulders, and legs. Circuit training with machines or free
Weights are best for this ( see my post on Dumbbells for smart weight training).
9. You also need to fold in crunches and core-building exercises either in the morning with your cardio or with your full body workout later in the day.
Join your local boxing gym, boxing is a great way to stay in shape and to get nice cut abs, as You're using your core and you're constantly twisting and turning.
How long Will it take to get the desired results?
If you are 20 pounds overweight, then it would take approximately 6 months working out 3 times a week. However, that time could be cut in half by working out everyday.
So come on, make that start today to get those abs that you always wanted